Thursday, December 11, 2008

Trying to get it together

We have been so busy the last couple of months. Sometimes I feel like I will never have it together. I'm not even sure that it is possible to have it completely together anyway:) Time has a way of flying by me and I'm never sure where it went. However I will try to give a brief update. In November we celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary, Job's 5th birthday and Elise's 1st birthday. Brice and I went Christmas shopping for our anniversary. This has become our tradition. I guess we figure it is the perfect time to shop for the kids and celebrate our marriage. Truth of the matter is it is one of the few times that we actually have a sitter for all three children.

Job turned 5 on Nov.16 and Elise was 1 on Nov.20. We had small parties for both of them. They turned out great! Job had a campout in our living room. He invited a few friends to stay the night and we set up a tent in the living room. We had pizza, popcorn and movies. So much fun! Elise had a butterfly party. A few little girls came by to help her celebrate. She was so cute. I had a Saturday morning party with butterfly cupcakes and juice. Then everyone made their own butterfly shirts to keep. Brice made all the little ones wings and I made the antennae. This was a lot of fun! I definitely think that parties can be made to be more memorable when they are smaller. The kids really enjoyed themselves. I am posting a few pics of the events.




3 comments:

TS said...

When you figure out the secret to "having it all together" please let me know. You are a good Mama!!

The Presnell's said...

Happy belated birthday to Job and Elise!! :) Also happy Anniversary to you!! Such creative ideas for the birthday parties!! That's why I have my friends to steal their ideas, haha! :)

Anna Morrison said...

Scott and I are celebrating our anniversary this week too and we will be shopping for our kiddos as well. It is so much fun to do together!

Hey girl, you do so much for your kids. Don't be expecting too much from yourself. It is clear they love their mama. Enjoy them. Be gracious with yourself.

The cupcakes and the cake were so cute!! My goodness, I can't do that sort of thing.

Hugs to you and yours.