Thursday, May 29, 2008

What A Week

My goodness already a week has flown by since my last post. Doesn't it seem that once you become a mother there just isn't enough time in one day? Here was my week at a glance...

First off last week was definitely special for Coy. He is officially no longer a preschooler! We had numerous graduation events to attend. These were somewhat bittersweet. Although I have no regrets about our decision to home school, I will miss the group programs and ceremonies. Coy is growing up so fast. Just a blink in time and he is already such a little man!



Church "Rising Kindergarten" Celebration



After preschool graduation
"I want to be a motorcycle rider"
Coy and "best bud," Elijah
Following Coy's preschool graduation, we decided to celebrate with ice cream from the Dairi-O. Unfortunately since I am no longer eating dairy I couldn't enjoy my moosetracks, but the boys loved it!





On Saturday we met some dear friends at the park for some catching up. We had first decided to get together in honor of Gari Leigh's birthday, but she has a sick little one and couldn't make it. Emily, Brenna, Charli T, Laurie, Marilyn and I had a blast watching the kiddos play together. We missed Gari and are definitely planning another "park day."



">
" border="0" alt="" />



The rest of the weekend was so much fun! Brice had off Memorial Day. It was such a blessing to be able to have some quality time with the family. We cooked out and enjoyed our favorite...Watermelon! Sunday night Brice and the boys had their first camp out. They decided to start small and set up the tent in the back yard. Coy and Job were adorable packing their snacks and getting their sleeping bags ready. Needless to say the camp out was relatively short lived (about an hour) before the boys decided to sleep inside. Nonetheless they had a ball with Daddy! Monday we worked in the garden which is coming along wonderfully. We already have baby tomatoes on our vines (pictures to come soon).










To wrap things up, Tuesday some of the moms in my MOPS group met at Dan Nicholas park in Salisbury. I have never been before and I must say it is definitely worth the trip. Job and Coy enjoyed all the park had to offer. There is a train ride, carousel, petting barn, water area, gem mining, nature center, fishing, paddle boats, miniature golf and an awesome play area. We opted not to play golf or paddle boat. However we did everything else for only $17.00! Nowadays it is really hard to find something that is only $17 for just one of us, much less the four of us. In fact we spent more on gas than the park activities. Dan Nicholas will be another day trip for sure!



">

" border="0" alt="" />

What a wonderful week!! Next time I will attempt to post daily!













1 comment:

The Presnell's said...

When are you going to post again? :) waiting...