~Reading others' blogs has inspired me to start one myself. I suppose this blog is a journal of sorts. A chronicle of my personal experiences as a wife and mother. Maybe some of my ramblings can be an inspiration to someone else. However I do feel wholeheartedly that I may be a little rusty at first. Hopefully one will find coherence to my thoughts. This year, so far, has been the time for so many beginnings within my home. The Lord allows an abundance of opportunities daily. One of which are our very first gardens!! Since we have moved to a new house, we have more land. The extra soil has enabled us to have our very own vegetable and herb gardens. Not to mention all the beautiful flowers I am able to plant. I am so excited to be able to grow and harvest some of the food we will eat this season. Just today I used fresh herbs in my spaghetti sauce. The family loved it! Our vegetables aren't ready to harvest but I am anxiously awaiting their arrival. Gardening is such a beautiful experience! We are able to watch growth from the very beginning. From a planted seed that is nurtured and loved we faithfully will reap a harvest. As I was watering my flowers and herbs the other day, I thought about the importance of water to the plant. I mean without the water it can't flourish. Really sowing seeds in my "real" garden is much like sowing the seeds in my maternal garden. My children are the seed and the soil is the Lord. It is my responsibility to be the water for my children to grow. My prayer as a mother is to bring up loving disciples for Christ. We, as a family, are embarking on an exciting yet fearful journey. Brice and I have decided to home school our children. I have always toyed with the idea and now I am turning thought to action. In my heart I know that once my seeds are planted in the soil as long as I give them water they will grow!
For as the soil makes the sprout come up and a garden causes seeds to grow, so the Sovereign LORD will make righteousness and praise spring up before all nations. Is 61:11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yaaay another garden grower. We are still in the tilling up and planting the seeds stage. You should take pictures. How's the house? We still need to see each other. I look forward to reading your blog!
Where are the updates? We miss you.
Post a Comment