Our time in GA visiting my dad and Amye was well worth it. Very relaxing. The kids had a great time at the aquarium and we were able to catch up with my long time friend, Monica. Coy and Job love Monca (as Job refers to her.) She is a firefighter/EMT and let the kids come visit her at the station one day. That was a hit but unprepared Mom forgot spare batteries for the camera :( I did get some pictures of our aquarium trip and swimming one day.
CoyBoy
Now to the title. Our garden has been plentiful and for that we are truly blessed. However with all the canning, freezing, pickling and preserve making I have to wonder how in the world my Grandma did it. I mean it is such hard work to garden on top of the daily grind. I am learning to cope and some days we all have to let go of our tendency for perfection. I do know that I truly admire and respect my Grandma and Mom for all their diligent work. Without their example I would be lost in this menagerie of green beans, cukes and squash. Here are a few snap shot of our progress.




Our First Watermelon!!
2 comments:
OMG look at all of those green beans! I want some!! I want to add those to my garden next year. Looks like you had a good time in GA.
Gosh Jen!! You got so many veggies! Very jealous!! We plan on planting watermelons and green beans next year too!
Post a Comment